Sunday, January 17, 2010

Out with the old, in with the new and holy

You, however, did not come to know Christ that way. Surely you heard of him and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus. You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your OLD self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made NEW in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the NEW self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness....Ephesians 4:20-24

I can relate with Paul's message today so much....I too had many things I had grown comfortable 'wearing'. So much that I didn't see it as bad or sinful. It wasn't until Christ entered my life more and more that I felt convicted about the choices I made, like the people I hung out with or things I did. I know even within the last few months I have noticed other behaviors that are unacceptable that have crept back into my life. It's like Paul said, RENEWING YOUR MIND every single day is key to keeping that stuff away.

My thoughts after today........I need to really look at who and what I have in my life that are poisonous to my relationship with Christ....and remove them.



No comments:

Post a Comment