Monday, January 18, 2010

How much rejection can a person take?

Numb is the word that I literally feel. I have been rejected by 3 guys today...no kidding, well probably 4 if I want to get ridiculous about it. When I was married to Troy, I felt rejection almost daily. Especially towards the end. We would get along for like a minute, then he would leave, run out, walk 30 miles to get away from me, etc; leaving me feeling the most rejected and left out I have even felt in my life. Once he was out of my life, the aftermath remained. Since Troy has been gone for over a year now officially, I still feel almost nothing when a guy tells me they aren't interested in me because I am not their type, they aren't ready for a relationship, or they aren't willing to date a girl with kids-my favorite one of all.

Which leads me to a deeper conclusion....guys are guys are guys...who I guess you could say are human also. And that means they aren't perfect, just like I'm not perfect. But Jesus is, and He is seriously the ONLY one I trust with my whole heart. He has been there for me thru everything.

And here I am feeling completely sorry for myself because I get 'turned down' by some guys who obviously don't have a clue. When my Lord and Savior has been rejected in worse ways than I could ever imagine. I have a long way to go, don't I? Suck it up girlie...your Savior loves you more than anything....and your value is far more than rubies.

No comments:

Post a Comment