Friday, June 8, 2012

He thinks my crazy is beautiful

Not going to lie, first thing I thought of was 'She thinks my tractor's sexy', but that has nothing to do with this post...


I have a 'little brother in Christ' who is a constant encouragement and challenger of my faith and growth. I thank God for him. We spoke last night about many topics and he never fails to act as a vessel of Jesus Christ when he speaks to me. I often wonder if God has anyone out there for me or if I am to be single forever. Now don't get me wrong, I am MUCH more content in singlehood than I was months or even weeks ago. However, my heart does long for that best friend to go thru life with God as our center.

We got talking further about the way the world operates and how people seem to mold the bible to how it can work for them. For instance, many Christian couples are obedient in most ways to God and continue to grow, but are having sex outside of marriage. Why is it that so many people just think it's ok?! Why are there so many couples in general that live together before they are married? Oh if I could go back and change how I lived. And then he stopped me and said, "The crazy feeling of disappointment you feel towards the world is just beautiful". I stopped in my tracks and felt such Godly love and acceptance in that very moment. Like I said, he is a true vessel, and I feel as though it's Jesus himself speaking to me when I hear from this dear brother. 

To take this to another level, isn't that what God thinks of us also? Doesn't he think we are beautiful even if we are crazy in our thoughts? Especially when it's because we are trying to figure out why this world is so twisted and unfocused on him? I would imagine God is smiling when conversations like that take place. When we as believers try and find ways to break thru the norm of today. The bible may have been put together hundreds of years ago, but it is TIMELESS. The principles God gives us to live a life devoted to carrying out his will for his glory never changes. We can't mold it into what is convenient for us! How ridiculous! We can't save ourselves, so why do we constantly think we can compromise his authority?

We are constantly to be refined, changed, and grow and discipline and obedience is the heart of it. (Proverbs 12:1, 13:20) Our focus is something that must be directed to the plan God has for our lives. Granted, we don't know what that is until God himself chooses to reveal parts of it to us, but that is where trust comes in. He is our FATHER! He loves us more than any human on this earth could ever attempt to! So why do we think it's ok to betray that love and give in to sexual sin, or any other sin for that matter, to someone who is not our judge nor our creator...but simply a very small piece of our life puzzle and who will only exist to us in this life? I think if we can focus on God's absolute love for us instead of our fickle desires and emotions that lead us to sin, we would have a lot more peace and happiness. (Romans 6,7)

God, throw your wisdom into our lives and make us blatantly aware that YOUR ways are ALWAYS better than ours. Let us not be consumed by the opinions and approval of this world but of you only. Thank you for endless mercy and grace, amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment