Monday, May 21, 2012

Time flies when I close my eyes

This Thursday marks the end of probably the fastest year to date. Sesley completes 2nd grade and Eden, kindergarten :(

They are so eager and excited to grow up and encounter the next grade level in front of them, but all I want to do is freeze time. As hard as some days are, these are the ones I will miss most, guaranteed.

There were some highlights (some not so high, some kinda low) to this year in which I would like to reflect upon in no particular order, just what my mind can remember...
  • Eden lost her first tooth
  • Sesley amazed me with her stellar basketball and soccer skills, when I was convinced she was the princess and Eden was the athlete...
  • Sesley had a wonderful student stick up for her in class when she was told she didn't 'have a father', I'm stunned at the compassion of kids sometimes
  • I'm equally stunned that Sesley has sought her out and told her that God is our father first and having Him in our lives is what truly matters. She even invited her on a recess pass day and talked to her about God...what a kid!
  • Eden had her first go at Upward basketball and my first go at coaching her. That most likely won't happen again
  • We have had some rough spots, especially Sesley and I. And she has decided it's a good thing to pray together about our relationship specifically in the morning and at night, smart girl
  • I got to go on a couple field trips because my schedule was more free this spring and I know that an elementary teacher is not on my list of occupations to try
  • We have seen God do some crazy good things in our lives this year, I have seen the girls both grow in Him and love on other people more, myself included 
  • We have all had our share of injuries as well, but I think Mom is in the lead there, it gets a lot harder as you get older
I plan on this next year to be even more filled with God's abundant blessings. I have learned to trust more and more that he has something amazing in store for this trio....thanks to all of you who have been there, good times and bad. You are loved and appreciated.





No comments:

Post a Comment